Nice that you visit our site. Please indicate here which cookies we may place. The necessary cookies do not collect personal data. The other cookies help us to improve the site and your visitor experience. They also help us to inform you about our products. Are you going for an optimally working website including all the benefits? Then tick all the boxes!
Scales used in industrial situations are often exposed to extreme stresses and strains. Water, oils, fats, varnish, dust, dirt, flour, small parts, etc. are all natural enemies of a scale. In industries such as the chemical, pharmaceutical, food, manufacturing industries, etc. scales must be able to cope with these stresses without this affecting their performance.
For use in such harsh environmental conditions, levels of protection are defined, which specify which environmental stresses a system can be exposed to with respect to the level of contact, foreign object and moisture protection, without damage beeing caused to the unit. These levels of protection are described in the following standard: “DIN EN 60529: protecction types through housing” The IP code usually consists of a two-digit combination, which gives the relevant level of protection, e.g. IP68. The first digit specifies the protection level for contact protection and protection against foreign bodies (dust protection), the second digit is for the water and moisture protection (protection against splashes of water).
The stainless steel weighing plates of the IP65...68 protected stainless steel balances meet the 1.4301 (DIN X5CrNi18-10) standard and support you in your HACCP-compliant quality system.
Remark concerning the international protecting rating IPxy
x indicate the level of protection against solid particle:
* level 6 = no ingress of dust, complete protection against contact (dust tight).
y indicate the level of protection against liquid:
* level 4 = water splashing against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effect.
* level 5 = water projected by a nozzle (22,5 mm, 12,5 l/min) against enclosure from any direction.
* level 6 = water projected by a nozzle (12,5 mm, 100 l/min) against enclosure from any direction.
* level 7 = ingress of water in harmful quantity shall not be possible when the enclosure is immersed in water under defined conditions of pressure and time (up to 1 m of submersion).
* level 8 = the equipment is suitable for continuous immersion in water above 1 m depth according to conditions specified by the manufacturer.
* level 9 = the equipment is suitable for continuous immersion in water above 1 m depth and protected against close-range high pressure, high temperature spray downs.